Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm thankful for:


Family:
Dad-my hero, a strong man of God, with the kindest heart, and extremely lame jokes
Mom-my best friend, with a beautiful heart that tends to the poor and needy, and laughs at my father's lame jokes
Matt-the smartest person I have ever met, radiates humility, and has the best laugh.
Steve-the bravest person I've ever met, and always knows how to cheer me up

GCC-a place that pushes limitations, and is redefining church and our calling as Christians.
VOT-a family that prays, sings, and laughs together. SO much love.
Lambert 104-i have the best roommates who love me no matter what. I am SO blessed
Choir: we sing for the Glory of the Lord, and not ourselves. I have never met a group of people that radiates humility as much as the choir.
Impact: new friends striving to be more like Christ. Can't get much better
Job: I am blessed to understand how hard work goes without being appreciated. I learn new things every day.
Theater: a place that opens my eyes to hurt and pain, and gives me a place to escape for awhile.
Bethel:a place that equips me to learn how to be more like Christ, and love His people.
Friends: from the oldest, to the newest, I am truly thankful for everyone who calls me friend. I am blessed with people who push me, and challenge me and what I believe. A lot of who I am, I owe to the lessons that God has allowed my friends to teach me.

Moral of the story:
I am sooooo richly blessed. God is so good to me. I do not deserve His love, or blessings, but He pours them out on me. As I look back on all my blessings, I smile and remember that it all comes back to God sending His son into the world, to save people like you and me. I'm thankful for Grace. I'm thankful for freedom. I'm thankful for His unconditional love that draws us back to Him every time we stray.
I am thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

  1. one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is seeing posts such as these. I like thankful things and thankful days. They are so wonderful. I appreciated the time that you took to write about what you are thankful for. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete