Saturday, May 16, 2009

"Right with God"


I've been learning a lot about who God is this past year. It is funny how God broke up the past two semesters. First semester a friend was going through a terrible time, so I was there coaching her through and hoping that she would come back to God. Eventually, with a lot of time, she did. Then second semester hit, and I felt more alone than ever. I was so sick of listening to people's problems. I was selfish enough to think that they should care about me a lot more than their needs/school work/spiritual life. It didn't help that I was trying to juggle school work, 2 shows, dance groups, getting ready for a recital, VOT, and choir. Not a good idea. I kinda just left God in the dust, and told myself that I could handle everything. It worked for awhile, but then everything just fell apart. I was believing all the lies that Satan was telling me, but throughout all of it, I knew God was calling me back to Him. When the world finally did crash around me, I did a lot of thinking. Was my relationship ever right with God? And what does being "right with God" even mean? That is pretty hard to accomplish. He started showing me that contentment wasn't good enough. In my opinion, being "right with God" doesn't exist. We should always be striving for the next level of our relationship with Him. There is so much about Him that most people don't see, and I know that I'm going to be discovering that more and more as I get closer to Him. It just blows my mind how He lets us walk away, and stay away, but there is always a voice calling us back to him. We serve a Mighty God, who loves us with a love that is so beautiful it is hard to comprehend. I'm so thankful for grace and people around me that push me towards Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment